‘Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Himalayan College, Roorkee and IISR-ICAR, Lucknow on 13 August, 2019 for enhancing the practical & Technical knowledge of Agriculture and Forestry Students’
The Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research (IISR), Lucknow was established in 1952 by the erstwhile Indian Central Sugarcane Committee for conducting researches on fundamental and applied aspects of sugarcane culture as well as to co-ordinate the research work done on this crop in different States of the country. The Government of India took over the Institute from the Indian Central Sugarcane Committee on 1st January, 1954. On April 1, 1969, it was transferred to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi along with other central agricultural research institutes
Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand and Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research (IISR)-ICAR, Lucknow mutually agree to share available expertise and existing facilities at respective institutions this reads as follows:
- Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand agree to provide space and required facilities to conduct in campus training/ workshop etc. for their UG students of Agriculture, & allied fields in their respective areas of specialization to IISR-ICAR, Lucknow.
- IISR-ICAR, Lucknow will provide ‘Certified Training Programmes’ to the students of Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand. Also the experts of IISR-ICAR, Lucknow will visit Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand for providing training and guest lectures to our students.
- IISR-ICAR, Lucknow will organize the training and provide the Certificates of training to the students of Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- The Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand and IISR-ICAR, Lucknow may apply for collaborative projects, jointly organize scientific workshop/symposia /training courses/ conferences on topic of mutual interest
- UG students studying at Himalayan College, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, would be allowed to carry out a training/project work part of their course at IISR-ICAR, Lucknow for a period recommended by their respective Heads.