RIT School of Management is introducing Certification in Six Sigma – First time in Roorkee.
The given certification in six sigma with RIT Roorkee is a blended learning program where in the students will be offered an opportunity to learn about the stages of Six- Sigma and its applications. Learning Six Sigma and applying its methodologies can have incredible impact on the future of student managers as it would enable them to evolve an understanding of the contemporary challenges in Project based and service industry and also help them internalize specific nuances pertaining to service design.
The given certification under aegis of RIT Roorkee would also equip the future managers with several Project execution skills and analytical models to take strategic decisions in the competitive world. Once the Six Sigma Black Belt level(s) are achieved, the student would be equipped to become a change agent within their organization. They will be leading initiatives to improve processes and the quality of deliverables to the customers.
Achieving Six Sigma Black Belt status can open the doors for promotion. Also, it improves chances of getting a better job with a different employer.
The overarching objective of the six sigma certification is to develop a comprehensive set of skills that will allow student managers to gain an understanding of what waste is and how to identify it so that it can be reduced.
- The certification course helps them to function effectively and improve upon problem solving and leadership acumen.
- To help them to identify areas where in six sigma techniques can be applied with the motto to decrease expenses, reduce cycle times, increase volume, and improve efficiency in Service, Operations, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing sectors.
- To develop the ability to collect relevant data to define the processes.
- To develop an understanding of ‘how to apply the tools and techniques to reduce errors occurred during production process and delivery of service.
- To develop the ability to define the metrics behind the operation in an industry to attain the highest level of improvement possible.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of change management and how to overcome opposition to command a fruitful implementation.