IQAC aims to ensure quality education through innovation and quality enhancing initiatives for holistic development at institutional level.
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the institute strives to:
- To establish outcome-based learning environment that includes human values-based system.
- To promote quality of research work and training programs.
- To promote association with various stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation and sustenance.
- To provide a suitable environment for teaching and learning process.
- To encourage self-evaluation and accountability.
Quality Assurance Actions
- Development and dissemination of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and non-academic activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment and motivate the faculty to introduce innovative teaching and learning methods conducive to quality education.
- To obtain feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders to maintain quality of institutional activities.
- Organizing national and international workshops, seminars under Quality Improvement programs to promote internal quality of the institution.
- Synchronized documentation of the various programs/activities to trace the improvement process.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC shall evolve the mechanisms and procedures according to the following guidelines:
- Ensuring prompt, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- To encourage research-oriented activities for both faculty members and students by promoting interdisciplinary and integrative research culture.
- Equitable access to academic programs for various strata of the society.
- Expansion of modern pedagogical techniques and its integration into learning-based pursuits.
- To establish a robust administrative structure to ensure the adequacy and proper functioning of the support system and services.
- Collaborative research initiatives with other institutions located nationally as well as internationally.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- Ensures clarity of the work technique and heightened focus of stakeholders to contemplate on the current work procedures.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture through continuous assessment activities.
- Ensure a better coordination among various departments of the institution by institutionalizing collaborative activities.
- Encourage the value of practical based learning among students by introducing project based as well as service-based learning.
- Act as a dynamic system by encouraging HEIs to focus on Research and Development activities and empower the faculty to face future challenges.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication to bring greater transparency.
Composition of IQAC Committee
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders
- The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Director of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- HODs of the departments
- One member from the Management
- One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC