Policy Document on Continuous Internal Evolution (CIE)
w.e.f (Session 2017-18)
- Internal Evaluation (IE) will be held on dates as mentioned in the academics calendar.
- The Internal Evaluation schedule will be prepared by examination cell and will sent to The respective department for checking once by the respective department, the schedule will be disseminated among students.
- Faculty member will have to submit two sets of question paper foe each subject approved by HODs to the examination cell at least 5 working days before the start of the internal examination. The question paper should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Question paper should be prepared as per outcome based education Question should be mapped with course outcome and level of question should be as per revised Bloom’s taxonomy.
- The Program Evaluation Review Committee (PERB) will resume the quality of question paper.
- Examination cell will issue the answer scripts of the students to the respective faculty member for evolution in the same day of examination.
- Examination cell will keep a record of all answer scripts to the faculty members for evolution.
- Answer sheets should be shown to the respective student for any discrepancies in evaluation before submitting to the examination cell.
- IE marks and marks obtained in internal examination by student in each course will be displayed on notice boards within 5 working days from the date of last examination.
- Faculty members will have to submit the evaluation sheet to the examination cell Within 3 working days from the date of last examination.
- Respective department will have to submit the internal examination marks to the examination cell within 5 working days of the last day of examination.
- Guideline to be followed by students and invigilators are provided in Annexure I and Annexure II.
Annexure I (Guideline for students)
Timing: – Candidates must reach the examination hall at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
ID Card: – Candidates must bring their ID card & Admit card. Students are advised to get it from the exam cell if they don’t have either of them.
Dress Code: – Candidates must comply with the dress code of the institute.
Personal Possession: – You are not reminded not to bring any valuables with you to the Examination venue. Institute will not be responsible for anything lost or stolen from the examination venue.
Dos /Don’ts: –
- Candidates should bring their own drafting instruments and electronics calculator (Non- programmable). If required all equipment brought to the examination must be placed on the candidate’s desk.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry mobile phones, books, notes in any form, Loose paper, calculator case, instrument case, bags, pouches, ear o r head phones or other container inside the examination hall .
- A candidates caught cheating in examination is liable to be expelled from the Examination.
- No candidate is allowed to leave his seat without permission from the invigilator.
- Talking during examination is strictly prohibited. Raise hands if needed to Communicate with invigilator.
- Candidates must carefully read the instruction printed on answer books and Question paper.
Annexure II (Guideline for Invigilator)
- Invigilators will report to Exam Cell 30 minutes before the starts of exam.
- Invigilators will reach allotted rooms, 15 minutes before the scheduled starts of examination, after collecting the examination materials.
- Invigilators will ensure that students do not carry their bags upstairs,
- Invigilators will ensure that students should search their pockets and see that no loose paper or handwritten notes, mobile, any electronics gadgets etc. are there with the students.
- Invigilators will check the entries on the cover page carefully.
- After distribution of the question paper, attendance should be taken carefully and an absent statement submitted to the Exam Cell.
- Invigilators should ensure that no student will be allowed to leave the exam room before exam time is over.
- After the exam is over, answer books should be collected, counted and arranged is serial order, before being submitted in the examination office.
Guideline for Evaluation (CIE)
(w.e.f. Session: 2017-18)
- The evaluation of answer sheets of internal examination shall be done by the respective subject teacher.
- The evaluators are required to award step –wise marks for each solved question.
- The evaluators are required to transfer marks carefully on the front page of the answer sheet and carry out the total of marks correctly.
- Blank page should be stricken out by the evaluator of the answer sheet.
- Evaluator shall put a signature with his/her name in the space provided on the cover page of the answer sheet.
- Evaluator, who handled the answer sheet later, should hand over evaluated answer sheets with award sheets to the Exam Cell.
- After all grievances are addressed, the final result will be declared by the respective subject faculty after 5 working days from the date of last examination.
Internal Examination Grievance Redressal Mechanism
(w.e.f. Session 2017-18)
A student shall be entitled to re-evaluate his/her answer books on the basis of application re-Evaluation is done in following condition: –
- If the student is not satisfied with the given marks.
- If the student is marked absent but he appeared in examination.
- If there is any mistake in the totaling of marks.
- If any answer is unchecked by the evaluator.
The grievances related to internal examination is resolved as following:
- The evaluated answer sheet is shown to the student and if the student is not satisfied with the evaluation, he/she can raise the grievance to the respective faculty member. The faculty member will address his/her grievance and resolve it at their end.
- If the student is not satisfied with the solution provided by the respective faculty member, he/she can raise the grievance to the concerned HOD and he/she will resolve it within.
- In Case of any doubts after the solution provided by the HOD the student may contact the examination cell.
Examination cell shall address all the application pertaining to internal examination grievance against examination/evaluation within 10 days after the display of answer sheets to the concerned students. All application should be addressed to entire superintendent.
Once received by the center superintendent, the application of re-evaluation is forwarded to the respective head of department. The concerned subject faculty member will re –evaluation the answer sheet in presence of center superintendent. The re-evaluation answer sheet will be forwarded to the examination cell.
The examination cell will show the re-evaluation answer sheet to the concerned student.
Policy Document on Online Continues Internal Evaluation (CIE)
(As per the revised guidelines from affiliated university)
- Internal Evaluation (IE) will be held on dates as mentioned in the academics calendar.
- The Internal Evaluation schedule will be prepaid by the examination cell and will be sent to the respective departments for checking. Once checked by the respective department, the schedule will be disseminated among students.
- The faculty members will have to submit two sets of question papers in soft copy for each subject approved by HODs to the examination cell at least 5 working days before the start of the internal examination.
- Question papers should be prepared as per outcome based education. Question should be mapped with course outcomes and level of questions should be as per revised bloom’s taxonomy.
- PERC will ensure the quality of question papers.
- As per the recommendation of PERC, the faculty members will upload their question papers of respective subjects at ERP system through their portal before one day of the commencement of examination. While the display timings of the question paper for students must be checked by the examination cell.
- Question paper will be displayed to the students at their personal ERP portal according to the date and time mentioned in the examination schedule.
- The students have to the complete their work within the time limit has to upload their answer sheets at predefined time else they won’t be able to upload their answer sheets on their ERP portal systems.
- The examination cell will dispatch the format of evaluation sheet to faculty member for evaluation of soft copy answer sheets on the same day of examination.
- Department will keep a record of all soft copy answer sheets received at the faculty members ERP portal for evaluation.
- Evaluation sheets should be shown to the respective students for any discrepancies in evaluation before submitting to the examination cell.
- IE marks and marks obtained in internal examination by students in each course will be displayed online through ERP portal.
- Respective departments will have to submit the internal examination marks to the examination cell within 5 working days of the last day of examination.