Department of Agriculture (Affiliated to HNB Garhwal Central University)
About the Department
Department of Agriculture is offering B.Sc. Agriculture degree, a four year course, affiliated to HNB Garhwal NAAC ‘A’ Grade Central University. It is very well known to provide responsive education to the students and providing training & services to the farmers for the development of agriculture and agro industry. The department has a team of well qualified and experienced faculty members who nurture the students to make them globally competitive. The strength of the department is diversified students who keenly understand the learning ethics, research and industry participation and enhance their skills accordingly.
B Sc – Agriculture
The Department of Agriculture offers B.Sc. Agriculture (4 years professional and regular degree program) which is affiliated to Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (NAAC ‘A’ Grade Central University).
Laboratories & Infrastructure
About our Research
- Practical-based education that adheres to agriculture standards.
- Guest Lectures/Expert Talks by experienced and qualified faculty members and industry experts to deliver the content.
- For the students’ practical knowledge, hands on training of latest trends in agriculture is provided.
- Number of alumni are working for reputable MNCs (seed industry & fertilizer industry) and government agencies, or running their enterprises as entrepreneurs.
- A highly qualified faculty members with both industry and core teaching expertise
- Through FDPs, workshops and seminars, faculty members are regularly upskilled.
- The department has collaboration with IISR, Lucknow, IIRS-ISRO, Dehradun, Plantica Foundation and several other research stations working in advancement of agriculture.
The growing Agriculture in the precedent little time has augmented at such a height that has greater accountability of educators in the current scenario to keep updating the students as well as the society for modern agriculture technology.
We, at the Department of Agriculture, believe that the demand for graduates with a degree in agriculture is increasing every day in India and abroad. Hence, the Agriculture department at Himalayan College is incessantly determined to modernize and trained the students with the recent skills and expertise to meet the latest industry trends along with rising sustainable and ethical model for worldwide agriculture development.
B.Sc. Agriculture (Hons.) is a broad-based course with immense potential. The Agriculture course design bestow the education related to Agronomy, horticulture, food production and processing, rural sociology, Agriculture economics, Livestock and environmental health etc. The agriculture area never face downsizing as the food is basic necessity of whole world.
Himalayan College is one of the best agriculture institutes in Uttarakhand providing practical & academic knowledge regarding the agricultural sciences & also the techniques used in modern farming.
I invite all the interested agriculture aspirants to come and join the best Agriculture College in Uttarakhand to pursue their graduation in B. Sc. Agriculture (Hons.).
Dr. Dinesh Kumar
Head of Department Agriculture
- Network Institute of IIRS (Indian Institute of Remote Sensing) for conducting online training programme for the students as well as faculty members
- Member of “The International Association of students in Agricultural and related Sciences” (IAAS)
- Member of All India Agricultural Studies Association (AIASA), National Agricultural Science Center (NASC) Complex, New Delhi-12