Roorkee Institute of Technology (RIT) and Himalayan College operate in unison under Himalayan Charitable Trust. B.Sc. Agriculture is a 4 years long Undergraduate Bachelor Degree program. 12th Science stream students, who have an interest in the sector of agriculture, may pursue this course. Since India is an agrarian country, this field will never run out of job opportunities. To be honest, qualified professionals are always valued, when it comes to agriculture sector. Thus, it is evident that there is more than just one reason to pursue this course!
The main aim of this program is to use the above mentioned concepts to train students improve agriculture productivity, manage products and pave way for future developments through research activities. In Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University Central University for strengthening the department, continuous financial support is being provided by Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education (ICFRE), Dehradun since 1995. More than 20 scholars from is department of HNB have been awarded D. Phil degree in Forestry by the University. Three scholars were selected as Scientist by Agriculture Research Scientist Board (ICAR) and more than 08 scholars have qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), New Delhi. The students of the department have also been selected as forestry professionals in many prestigious Government Institutes, Universities, Private sectors and Non Governmental organizations. Department has also initiated International collaboration for Natural Resource studies and Teaching and Research exchange programme with ICRAF, South Asia, New Delhi. Memorandum of understanding for exchange of faculty and students and for undertaking joint research projects are under consideration with some other national and international institutes/ universities.
• All students must have passed 10+2 (with science stream) examination with a minimum of 45% equivalent CGPA marks can join the B.Sc. Agriculture course.
• The students are generally admitted on the basis of personal interview and written examination conducted by institute.
• The course is affiliated with Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (A Central University) Srinagar (Garhwal) Uttarakhand
B.Sc. Agriculture : Scope & Job Prospects
Lots of Government as well as Private job opportunities are present in front of Graduates. Talking about Government jobs, State Agriculture Departments recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts. Government Banks also recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts (generally dealing with Loans).
Talking about Private Sector jobs, graduates may find jobs as Managers at Plantations, as Officers at Fertilizer Manufacturing firms, Agriculture Machinery Industries, Agricultural Products Marketing firms, Food processing units etc.
Some well known job posts available in front of Graduates are-
- Research Officer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Agriculture Officer
- Agriculture Loan Officer (in Banks)
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Farm Manager
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Applied Science and Humanities
- Department of MBA
- Department of MCA
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Forestry
- Department of Education
- Academic Policy
- Academic Calender
- On Line Study Material
- Workshops & Seminars
- WiFi Internet