Himalayan College (HC) and Roorkee Institute of Technology (RIT) operates in unison under Himalayan Charitable Trust. B.Sc. Agriculture is a 4-year (UG) Bachelor’s Degree program which is running at Himalayan college. The Science stream students, after passing XII standard/class having Physics, chemistry, Maths or Biology or both, Maths and biology or from agriculture stream, and have an aptitude to be a trained agriculturist, can pursue for the program. India is an agrarian country, so this field will never run-off of job opportunities, and qualified professionals are always valued.
Department has also undersigned International collaboration for Natural Resource studies and Teaching as well as Research exchange programme with ICRAF, South Asia, New Delhi. Memorandum of understanding for exchange of faculty and students and for undertaking joint research projects are under consideration with some other national and international institutes/ universities.
• Students must have passed 10+2 (with science/Maths/Agriculture stream/) examination with a minimum of 45% or equivalent CGPA, can pursue for B.Sc. (Agriculture) course.
• The students are generally admitted on the basis of personal interview and written examination conducted by institute.
Scope & Job Prospects
India has agrarian economy and Agriculture sector alone contributes 6.1% of GDP in Indian economy. Ample opportunities are announced by Government as well as Private sector constantly with handsome salary, in which Graduates may be eligible. State Agriculture Departments, Banks etc., recruits Graduates to fill the Officer level posts.
In Private firms graduates may serve as Plantations Managers, as Officers at Fertilizer Manufacturing firms, Agriculture tools Industries, Agricultural Products Marketing firms, Food processing units etc. Apart from opportunities a agriculturist can also work independently as entrepreneur.
Other opportunities are-
- Research Officer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Agriculture Officer
- Agriculture Loan Officer (in Banks)
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Farm Manager
After completing graduation program, one may also pursue for higher studies (Master’s program) or can even opt for Ph.D. to build the career in the field of teaching & Research sector.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Applied Science and Humanities
- Department of MBA
- Department of MCA
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Forestry
- Department of Education
- Academic Policy
- Academic Calender
- On Line Study Material
- Workshops & Seminars
- WiFi Internet